In the world of Internet anonymity is your greatest ally.
The article is about the dark web, darknet, and different aspects of the darknet. The role of cryptocurrency in flourishment of the deep web, and how the bitcoin is affecting the world economy and individuals.
In this article, you”ll be reading full of facts and contents based or gathered on the darknet, TOR world, cryptocurrency etc.
1.Deep Web vs Darknet
3. Underground Marketplaces
4. Role of Bitcoin
Understanding the internet landscape
Surface Web(World Wide Web)
Searchable with standard search engines.
Web content that exists on the darknet, now the question arises what is the darknet?
A network that can only be accessed with specific software, configuration or authorization.
Deep Web is very much larger than the surface web or World Wide Web.
Timeline of Deep Web Development
It all started back in the 2000’s when the Tor project was found by U.S Naval and later on became a Non-Profit Organization from that day it’s been serving for users to become anonymous to surf the internet.
And another Big thing was the Bitcoin in 2009 which is a cryptocurrency (Digital currency).A person can buy and sell these from exchanges and why is it favored because transactions done in these are completely anonymous.
The main link between “Deep Web” and “Bitcoin” was revealed to the world on the incident of silk road(Dark Markets) which is one among the many dark websites network, where the man behind it Dread Pirate Roberts(DPR) arrested, and it was shut down.
What’s on the Deep Web?
1. 96% of the content exists in the deep web
• 7500+ TB of content
2. Types of content that is in the deep web:
• Dynamic content
• Unlinked content
• Private Web
• Contextual Web
• Limited access content
• Scripted content
• Non-HTML/text content
• Web archives
• Un-indexed websites
• P2P networks(Peer to Peer network)
Some of the contents of Deep Web
1. Anonymous sellers advertise their goods on topic-specific forums. Like copied credit cards on a credit card fraud board.
2. People can purchase fake identification too. An American passport would set you back 700 Euros, or 973.91 USD.
3. Of course, there’s no cash or check exchanged over the deep web. To exchange goods, you need to use bitcoin — but you knew this already.
4. The thing you probably don’t know about TOR is it is sponsored by the United States Department Of State Bureau Of Democracy, Human Rights, And Labor, The Ford Foundation, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency among other government-backed groups.
5. You can also purchase organic weed from the Netherlands.
7. Journalists in heavily censored countries use the deep web to communicate and exchange information.
Death Grips released an album titled No Love Deep Web — and there’s some semblance of reality there because there really is no love on the deep web.
Deep Web content of concern
1. Any un-indexed web page –
• Selling counterfeit or grey market goods.
• Collecting user credentials.
• Disseminating malware.
• Engaged in a false association.
• Conducting consumer scam.
2. P2P sites where piracy taking place.
3. Marketplaces where counterfeit, grey market or unauthorized
goods are sold.
4. Social media where impersonation is occurring.
What is the Darknet?
1. Within the Darknet both web surfers and website publishers are
2. Anonymity is usually achieved using TOR.
3. There are a number of marketplaces (the online black market).
• Agora Marketplace.
• Middle Earth Marketplace.
• Silk Road 1, 2 and 3.
What is Tor?
1. Acronym for The Onion Router.
2. Free software for enabling anonymous communication.
3. Originally developed on behalf of the U.S. intelligence
4. Today it is used by criminal enterprises, hacktivists, and law
• Users can remain anonymous
• Activities can remain untraceable
• Resources can remain hidden
How to install TOR(Onion Router).
1.Search TOR on google the first link will take you to the TOR.
2.Then install the TOR from there, it would look like this.
If you are in college or university network or you need proxies to connect. Then you have to configure the browser.So you need to know three things
3. The most basic thing that you need to know whether you are using IP4 or IP6 IP addressing system.
Intenet Protocol address(IP)
# If you don’t know what is IP then, the basic thing about IP is it is An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication.
# An IP address serves two principal functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing.
# IP4 addressing needs 32 bits whereas IP6 addressing needs 128 bits.Due to the shortage of IP addresses IP6 addressing technique came into action in 1995.
4.To get your IP address open command prompt with administrator privileges.And type netstat -a to get your IP addresses and ports.
It will look like this probably,
5.TOR will connect you to the browser
6.The homepage of the browser will look like this after the completion of relaying information and connection will be made to the TOR network.
Some of Black Market Places of 2018
Note: Some links may be disturbing and dangerous to visit. To avoid being tracked or watched online, I strongly recommend you to run a VPN(Virtual Private Network) service on the system that you access. VPN will give you a double layer protection against the unknown or a hacker.
NOTE: I strongly recommend not to use any of the links before you know what you are doing.
4.http://vertigovoyxztwj6.onion/ BookVertigo • Indice
5.http://ms26ilrtla2rfuzz.onion/ Booting live isos on LUKS/dm-crypt from GRUB2
7.http://37nxdi46q46i2kp4.onion/ Brave bunny – Bitcoin Online Wallet and Mixer
8.http://ejz7kqoryhqwosbk.onion/ bittit – Sell your pictures for Bitcoins
9.http://blsnoekd7byii5me.onion/ BlaB! Install
10.http://rw53jo3g6jhnt2uv.onion/ BlaB!: Login
http://p5ckdxdgdrcys5vg.onion/ Blabber Info Page
http://xmmvzaecdwq3wqln.onion/ BLACK ESCROW
http://4limjlssg7qdaweh.onion/ Black Mesa Mafia
- Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and worldwide payment system.
2. It is the first decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a central bank or single administrator.
3. The network is peer-to-peer and transactions take place between users directly, without an intermediary.
4. These transactions are verified by network nodes through the use of cryptography and recorded in a public distributed ledger called a blockchain.
5. Bitcoin was invented by an unknown person or group of people under the name Satoshi Nakamoto and released as open-source software in 2009.
- The basics for a new user
As a new user, you can get started with Bitcoin without understanding the technical details.
Once you have installed a Bitcoin wallet on your computer or mobile phone, it will generate your first Bitcoin address and you can create more whenever you need one.
2. You can disclose your addresses to your friends so that they can pay you or vice versa.
In fact, this is pretty similar to how email works, except that Bitcoin addresses should only be used once.
Balances – Blockchain
The blockchain shared public ledger on which the entire Bitcoin network relies.
All confirmed transactions are included in the blockchain.
This way, Bitcoin wallets can calculate their spendable balance and new transactions can be verified to be spending bitcoins that are actually owned by the spender.
The integrity and the chronological order of the blockchain are enforced with cryptography.
Transactions – Private keys
A transaction is a transfer of value between Bitcoin wallets that gets included in the blockchain.
Bitcoin wallets keep a secret piece of data called a private key or seed, which is used to sign transactions, providing a mathematical proof that they have come from the owner of the wallet.
The signature also prevents the transaction from being altered by anybody once it has been issued.
All transactions are broadcast between users and usually begin to be confirmed by the network in the following 10 minutes, through a process called mining.
Processing – Mining
Mining is a distributed consensus system that is used to confirm waiting transactions by including them in the blockchain.
It enforces a chronological order in the blockchain, protects the neutrality of the network, and allows different computers to agree on the state of the system.
To be confirmed, transactions must be packed in a block that fits very strict cryptographic rules that will be verified by the network.
These rules prevent previous blocks from being modified because doing so would invalidate all following blocks.
Mining also creates the equivalent of a competitive lottery that prevents any individual from easily adding new blocks consecutively in the blockchain.
This way, no individuals can control what is included in the blockchain or replace parts of the blockchain to roll back their own spends.
On 31st January 2018
1 bitcoin=631617.94 Indian Rupee.
1 bitcoin=9955.00 US Dollar.
1 bitcoin=7010.81 British Pound.
whereas in 2010
1 bitcoin= 0.80 US Dollar.
So the value of bitcoin can change randomly.
Question asked about bitcoin on CNBC, a world renown channel which focuses on the world economics mainly.
Bitcoins act like cash, but they are mined like gold. So how does someone get into the current bitcoin rush?
If properly done and willing to take the investment risk, you could wind up with a few bitcoins of your own—which currently have an average weekly price of $945 on the largest bitcoin exchange.
How many bitcoins are there?
When the algorithm was created under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto—which in Japanese is as common a name as Steve Smith—the individual(s) set a finite limit on the number of bitcoins that will ever exist: 21 million. Currently, more than 12 million are in circulation. That means that a little less than 9 million bitcoins are waiting to be discovered.
Since 2009, the number of bitcoins mined has incremented. That’s the way the system was set up—easy to mine in the beginning, and harder as we approach that 21 millionth bitcoin.
At the current rate of creation, the final bitcoin will be mined in the year 2140.
We will try to simplify blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies other than bitcoin in our upcoming articles.
If you have any suggestion on this topic, or if you have any ideas on the topics that we should cover in our upcoming articles, please feel free to comment below.